2020 Fig Twig Market Vendor Applications
2020 Vendor Info/Requirements
You will be emailed an invoice for your booth rental fee upon acceptance.
Please note: accepted vendors will be notified by August 21st.
Please fill out online application via our google form.
If you require a paper application, you will need to download it from our website, print it and mail to: Fig Twig Market c/o Gina Mobley, Po Box 451 Ferndale CA 95536
Market Info: Accepting vendors with handmade, crafts, vintage, upcycled, shabby chic, farmhouse and industrial items. 80% of the product in your booth must be vintage, antique, repurposed, upcycled, or handcrafted by you. Please note: we will not be accepting direct sales vendors.
When/Where: 2-day event held at Belotti Hall, Hindley Hall, and Arts and Crafts Building, Ferndale Fairgrounds. Event will be open to the public on:
Friday, November 6th 4:00pm – 9:00pm Public admission fee $8.00
Saturday, November 7th from 10:00am – 4:00pm. Public admission fee $3.00
SET UP – Thursday, November 5th from 10:00 am – 7:00 pm and Friday November 7th from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (be ready by 3:00 pm)
Requirements: A valid CA seller’s permit is required. A CA seller’s permit does not cost anything, it is how to report collected CA sales tax. If you don't have a sellers permit the web site to obtain one is www.cdtfa.ca.gov. You can also apply for a temporary 30-day permit. Permit must be valid during the market dates of Nov 6 and Nov 7, 2019.
Photos: Please provide 3-5: 4x6 photos of your current products and at least one photo or sketch of your booth set up. Actual photos of your products are required! If you are a previous vendor please upload photos with your application. Please do not send product samples. If you send a paper application, please be sure your application fits into a business size envelope. Please do not send any photos larger than 4x6. Your photos will not be returned.
Booth Fee: Each space is approximately 10” x 10”. The rental fee for both days is $215.00. Please note: there are limited double booth spaces. This year we will be sending invoices via email.
Application Process: This is a juried application process. Vendors will be selected by the Fig Twig Committee.
Completed application must be submitted by AUGUST 1, 2019 Vendors will be notified and emailed an invoice by August 21st, 2019. Invoices will be due upon receipt. Please note: Refunds for cancellations will not be given after October 1st, 2019.
Food Vendors: Any vendor selling food items (pre-packaged and unpackaged, including samples) may be subject to additional permits and/or inspections by the health department and/or additional fees paid directly to the health inspector. You will also be required to provide proof of general liability insurance and list Humboldt County Fairgrounds and Fig Twig Market as an additional insured. You must provide a copy of your current cottage license or food licenses. It is your responsibility to have all paperwork in order and provide Fig Twig Market with any additional documents. Selected food vendors will be sent more information on requirements. PLEASE FILL OUT ONLY THE FOOD VENDOR APPLICATION.
Booth set-up: We ask that you be creative with your space. We want this event to be a unique shopping experience where each booth feels like you are walking into a mini store/boutique. If folding tables are used you must have the tablecloth go all way to the floor. You must be present in your booth during the show. WHITE POP UP TENTS ONLY are allowed but must be SPECIFIED in your application as some spaces can not accommodate a pop-up. If you have questions, please ask.
Shared booths: Shared booths are allowed but each person selling products must complete their own application. LIMIT OF TWO vendors per booth. Each individual vendor must have a sellers permit. Please make a note in the special requests section on your application that you are requesting a shared booth and state with whom you are sharing the booth.
Past Vendor Info: In order to keep the application process fair, we are requiring all past vendors to submit a COMPLETE application, including photos. We will do our best to accommodate requests for booth placement, but there is no guarantee of that you will be placed in the same space as in previous years.
Contacts: - - 707-298-3162
2019 Food Vendor Requirements
Important notes: Anything prepackaged will not need a health inspection. If you are giving samples, you will need a health inspection.
1. CA Seller’s Permit- (If applicable to your food type product) Temporary one may be obtained.
2. Certificate of General Liability Insurance A $1,000,000 general liability insurance policy is required. The Humboldt County Fair Association 1250 5th St, Ferndale, CA must be listed as secondary insured on your policy. If you do not have general liability insurance you can purchase an event policy through the Fairgrounds for around $33.00. Contact Lisa at 786-9511 for more info.
3. Proof of Worker’s Comp (If you have employees)
4. Ferndale Health Department Inspection will be required for vendors serving food to be eaten on site or vendors giving samples. Food vendors with prepackaged food items (with no samples) do not require an inspection. Please note you are responsible for the $50 fee that food vendors will be required to pay to Ferndale Health Department. Ferndale is governed under their own health department, you do NOT need a separate temporary permit issued by Humboldt County Health Dept. If you have questions please feel free to contact the Ferndale Health Inspector at 707-599- 3455, Inspections must be done before serving to the public.
5. Food License - copy of current Cottage or current Health Department Permit must be given to The Fig Twig Market and displayed in your booth during the event. Please email us a copy.
If you are accepted into the market, you will need to email or send copies of all documents at least two weeks prior to event.